Punctuation and Grammar 101
Punctuation and Grammar 101 is divided into two subjects which focus on grammar and punctuation topics. At the end of each lesson will be a brief quiz and/or assignment based on the lesson material.
Introduction to Grammar -Lessons 1-7
• Lesson 1 Rate Your Grammar Skills; Reasons for Taking this Course
• Subject and Predicate – This lesson defines what a subject and predicate is and when to use singular or plural verbs.
• Lesson 3 Subject and Predicate Agreement
• Lesson 4 Subject Verb Agreement
• Lesson 6 Pronoun Use- Using the Correct Pronoun
• Lesson 7 Pronoun Substitution
•: Lesson 8 Exercise: Find the Subject Noun
• Lesson 9 Verb Tenses – This lesson discusses the three main tenses of verbs and their subcategories and Verb Tense Exercises
•: Lesson 10 Find the Verb
• Lesson 11 Simple Present Verb Tenses
• Lesson 12 Common Irregular Verbs – irregular verbs and their tenses- Irregular Verbs
• Lesson 15 Periods and Other End Stops – (period, question mark, exclamation point) to put on a sentence and how and when to use periods in abbreviations. •
• Lesson 16 Commas – This lesson explains how and when to use commas and when to put them in clauses and phrases.
• Lesson 18 – Colons and Semicolons-This lesson describes how to properly use colons and semicolons in a sentence.
• : Lesson 19 – Hyphens – This lesson describes the proper use of hyphens in words.